On Friday, July 19, Old Town Clovis (4th and Pollasky) will once again be home to some of the elite pole vaulters in the state and beyond as they compete in the 2019 North American Pole Vault Championships.
During the Friday Night farmers market beginning at 5 p.m., contestants will compete in front of fans and farmers market goers alike.
Teams from Clovis, Hanford, Reno, Phoenix, Los Angeles, and Southern California will take part in the events. Both men and women will compete as well.
All-Americans coming to Clovis:
- Audie Wyatt, 18’8 Texas A&M
- Tray Oates, 18’7 Samford University
- Garrett Starkey, 18’4 Arizona State
- August Kiles, 18’0 Princeton University
- Kristen Brown, 15’5 San Diego State
- Bonnie Draxler, 14’10 San Diego State
- Brysun Stately, 14’6 USC
Top Central Valley Athletes:
- Brooke Tjerrild, Clovis North, Cal Poly SLO
- Elizabeth Funk, Clovis West H.S.
- Erika Guzman, Hanford West H.S
- McKenzie Shephard, Fresno C.C
- Sam Heinrichs, Fresno Pacific University
- Caleb Pouliot, Buchanan H.S.
- Andrew Lerner, Sierra Pacific H.S.
- Ryan White, Lemoore H.S.